Security Plus is one of the most important certificates in the information security sector, regardless of your specialization in cybersecurity. Given the strength of certificates in various areas of information security, they are a gateway to all areas of information security in general, and there is no professional person in this area who has not studied them.
What skills have you acquired after studying Security Plus
- Assess the security situation of the project environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure different environments, including cloud, mobile, and Internet of Things (IOT)
- Conscious of the implementation of appropriate laws and policies, including governance, risk, and compliance principles
- Identification, analysis, and response to security incidents and incidents
What skills are required to study Security Plus
In fact, there are some skills that a student should have before starting to study the content of the Security Plus certificate so that they have a good infrastructure as a junior student at the information security level, Comptia asserts that the student should have a medium background at the level of different operating systems such as Linux and Windows also confirms from studying the content of his Network Plus certificate.
But it is not a requirement that Network Plus study for the beginning of the Security plus content study if you have CCNA certification content or any other content at the network level, you are ready to study the important Security Plus certification content here is a background on the level of networks generally such as IP, DNS how to send data on the network and what protocols are responsible for it.
Information security Jobs
|Helpdesk Manager / Analyst||Network / Cloud Engineer|
|Security Engineer / Analyst||DevOps / Software Developer|
|IT Auditors||IT Project Manager|
Modules Security Plus
|Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities|
|Architecture and Design|
|Operations and Incident Response|
|Governance, Risk, and Compliance|
Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerability = > This section focuses on different types of attacks, vulnerabilities, or gaps affecting operating systems and networks, focuses on actors to carry out these events or so-called Internet hackers, and focuses more on Pentest.
Architecture and Design = > This section focuses on in-house design engineering in terms of networks or cloud networks. What is meant here is how to design the network well so that there is no vulnerability within the network.
Implementation = > This section focuses on a range of core functions in protection methods, and generally highlights the following actions. Access management, administration identity, cryptography PKI, wireless security and data protection during transfer from one end to another or what is known as end-to-end security.
Operations and Incident Response = > This section focuses on response to security incidents (Incident Response) and how to deal with them and the actions required to stop the attack. Such as threat detection, security risks, security controls, risk mitigation techniques, and digital forensics.
(GRC) Governance, Risk, and Compliance = > This section focuses on defining management within the Organization in terms of comprehensive protection, in-house law development, risk management, governance and compliance, and the right ways to contribute to process efficiency and improve risk management as well as internal control.
But each of these sections within Security-Plus is a set of lessons and these lessons are divided into 21 subjects and this is found in the latest edition of the certificate, Security_Plus_SY0-601
Security Plus Topics
- Compare and Contrast Information Security Roles
- Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Performing Security Assessments
- Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Implementing Authentication Controls
- Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implementing Secure Network Designs
- Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Performing Incident Response
- Explaining Digital Forensics
- Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Explaining Physical Security