HTML is a very easy language that is used to describe what ( web pages ) contain.
HTML is an acronym for Hyper Text Markup Language, which stands for Markup Language.
They are used to define items on the inside of a page such as addresses, paragraphs, buttons, images, menus, tables, and other things that are added to web pages.
HTML is used in creating and designing web pages and websites, and this language is considered one of the oldest and most widely used languages in web page design because it is one of the easiest languages.
In 1989, engineer Tim Berners-Lee created the first software project whose goal was to share data over the Internet.
The www is an abbreviation of the World Wide Web, which we still see to this day in website links.
At that time in 1989, access to the Internet was difficult because there were no browsers that displayed the content beautifully.
In 2014, W3C made some important developments to HTML and renamed the version to HTML 5.
HTML is the way to start for web programmers, and it's not complicated until its code is easy.
All you need to learn is a text editor and a browser to view the contents of the code for the site you are writing.
And many programmers do not consider it a programming language "because it is free of functions and complexity" and the web page in general has an end tag and a start tag.
HTML deals with something called tags, and this tag has a start tag written in the form <tags> and an end tag written as <tags/>.
Features and advantages of html language
- The most important feature of this language is that it never needs design programs, we can just write the codes in the notepad attached to the Windows system or download any code editor.
- It is very easy because it depends on the tags and it does not have functions to complicate, and a simple page can be programmed in a very short time.
- It helps anyone make modifications to the site.
- Most design programs are based on HTML, such as the FrontPage program included with the Office 2003 package.
Web Pages Components
A web page is made up of html codes, which is the main pillar of any web page on the Internet.
And it consists of CSS language codes that give the beauty of the page by giving the tags design and aesthetics.
HTML is one of the simplest programming languages, but you only need a creative designer who loves the field, because if you love a field, you can be creative in it to the fullest extent.
Key codes in web pages
As we mentioned above, all that is inside the HTML page are tags or what is common among people called tags.
The general appearance of the main tags in HTML
<html> <head> <title></title> </head> <body> Here he writes everything that appears to the visitor on the web page </body> </html>
- html tag This tag is the mother of the web page is placed at the beginning of the page as a start to identify the browser that the language used is html or that we are programming a web page.
- The head tag is the tag used for everything related to the site owner or the site's bio. It is called the header of the page.
- The title tag This tag enables us to give a name to the page that appears at the top of the browser.
- This body tag is the body of the page and in it you write all the codes that the visitor sees, as this tag represents all the contents of the page and all the tags related to the content of the site such as texts, tables, images, etc. are placed inside it.